Preferred term: 8-12 weeks
Responsible to: Leadership Team
Necessary Qualities Include:
- Displays a healthy, growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Manifests the spiritual disciplines of prayer, Bible study, meditation.
- Understands Christ's model of disciple making and desires to enact it at camp.
- Is able to impart vision to others.
His/Hers Specific Responsibilities Include:
- To help oversee the spiritual aspects of the camp including devotionals, testimonies, chapel and campfires.
- To provide leadership for the cabin leaders and disciple cabin leaders one on one regarding their ministry with their cabin group.
- To deal with the cabin leaders concerns and problems
A sample day of the Discipleship Director:
- Prayer with the leadership team Bible Study with the Cabin Leader team
- Intercession (prayer) for camp needs
- One on One discipleship with individual staff
- Prepare Action Plans
- Meet with accountability partner
- Communication with the Speaker
- Oversee Chapel, Campfire and Devotional programs