At Living Springs, you will be able to share Jesus Christ to campers of all ages, grow in your own walk with the Lord, make and build great friendships with other camp staff and with campers, have a load of fun and so much more!
There are so many ways to get involved: Worship Team, LIT Instructor, Camp Nurse, Lifeguard, Cook, Kitchen Staff, Grounds Keeper, Cabin Leader, Support Staff.
We also have a Leadership Team which is made up of :Discipleship Director, Program Director, and Camp Administrator.
Leader in training (LIT)
Time required: 4 weeks
Responsible to: Discipleship Director, LIT Instructor and Cabin Leader
Necessary Qualities Include:
- Must be a dedicated Christian who enjoys working in a camp environment.
- Must at least be going into Grade 11 (16 years old).
- Must complete the required application procedure
Specifics of the Program:
The goal of the LIT program is to help our campers make the transition to become helpful staff at Living Springs. Our focus is to help our LITs become disciples of Jesus Christ. Our focus is two fold: first, we give our LITs an opportunity to better understand the gospel message and what it means to follow Christ; second, we give our LITs an opportunity to sacrificially serve at Living Springs. The LIT program incorporates elements including classroom learning, hands on experience and relational connection with other LITs, campers, cabin leaders and LIT directors.
His/Hers Specific Responsibilities Include:
- To complete all requirements assigned by the LIT Director
- To assist and learn from Support Staff in leading program activities
- To assist and learn from Cabin Leader in leading cabin activities
Living Springs Bible Camp would cease to exist without the help of the hundreds of people who volunteer throughout the year. Ranging from ladies helping out in the kitchen on the Church Work Days during the week, to the countless number of people who join in the Camp Set-Up and Clean-Up days, LSBC volunteers are the unsung heroes of our camp. Serving in the background, they rarely get the recognition that the summer staff (such as the counselors and support staff) get.
But that doesn't take anything away from their importance. Thank you so much to all who are involved in the behind-the-scenes, volunteering ministry of Living Springs.
In addition to the many summer staff that LSBC is looking for, we are also looking for people who are willing and able to volunteer a few hours out of their day to help out in the behind-the-scenes running of the camp. Please speak with your church Camp Rep if you are wanting more info about volunteering at LSBC for:
- Work days at camp (spend a few hours helping out in the kitchen)
- Scheduled camp work days (typically in May, June and September)
- Single-day maintenance assistance (typically in July, August, helping the Groundskeeper during camp)
- Mowing lawns and other maintenance
- Work on the new camp property (clearing trees, landscaping, construction of buildings and activity areas)